The Single/Dual Bead Mounter is integral to Dominion's tire and wheel system or can be provided as a stand-alone station for simple integration into our customer's process.
The mounter is capable of handling seven independent mounting settings with a tire and wheel diameter variable of seven inches.
The mounter is capable of two different mounting processes. Process selection is completed automatically (requires broadcast) allowing for a process change between individual cycles.
Dual Bead Mounting Process - This process is generally used on tire and wheel assemblies that have an aspect ratio of greater than 55 series. In this process, both tire beads are mounted to the wheel in a single rotation of the mounter head.
Single Bead Mounting Process - This process is generally used on tire and wheel assemblies that have an aspect ratio of 55 series or less (low profile tire). In this process, each bead is mounted separately requiring two (2) passes of the mounter head to complete the assembly.
- Single or dual bead mounting profile
- Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) controlled rotation with torque overload protection
- Swing out head for ease of maintenance
- Wheel size detection by linear transducer
- Built-in sensing foot for back-up purposes
- Automatic un-mounted tire detection (Error Proofing)
- Servo controlled ballscrew positioning
- Dual acting lower tire positioning system
- Operator friendly HMI for module selection, set-up and diagnostics
- Measures wheel height for prepositioning of mounter
- Accommodates mounter size range
- Non-marring contact surface