Dominion Technologies Group, Inc. offers a large variety of automated equipment designed to meet assembly and process specifications, is looking for an Machine Builder to join our team.
Dominion Technologies Group, founded in 1965, is a market leader in final line tooling and equipment for the worldwide automotive industry. Dominion has grown from its humble beginnings when 3 German toolmakers, with a vision to bring old world craftsmanship to Detroit, started business in a rented 9,000 square foot machine shop located in Detroit, Michigan.
Today Dominion, headquartered in Roseville, Michigan, operates 7 facilities located in the US, Europe and China with over a quarter of a million square feet of manufacturing space.
Primary Responsibilities / Authorities
- Coordinating the effective, professional day to day running of allocated services required
- Setting clear expectation’s to DTG service technicians and customers
- Creating a productive and supportive service team
- Ensuring all services are operating in line with the vision and values of DTG
- Ensuring that services are delivering outcome to DTG customers
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all service technicians follow safe work practices
- Assigns and coordinates work assignments and resolutions of critical andtechnical problems
- Control costs through proper planning and service schedules.
- Interface with customers to take service calls.
- Solicit in house support as required to try to resolve customer issues over the phone if possible.
- Coordinate with department heads to get the proper personal to provide service call for customer.
- Provide quote to customer and secure purchase order.
- Effectively documenting services of installations by insuring service reports are filled out completely and signed by customers.
- Complete all invoicing requests for A/P.
- Follow-up with customers to ensure all invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Building business relationships with customers by analyzing concerns, identify solutions, trouble shooting, and keeping services confidential
Minimum Education Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience Required
- Ten years’ service or management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures in an interruptive environment
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening
- Must have and maintain a valid Michigan driver’s license, maintain auto insurance and have access to a reliable automobile.
Desired Training (before or after hire)
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job
This is a fulltime position with benefits available.