PC Service Tech
Dominion Technologies Group, Inc. offers a large variety of automated equipment designed to meet assembly and process specifications, is looking for a Service Technician to join our team.
Dominion Technologies Group is a global leader in automotive assembly line and processing equipment.
Dominion Technologies specializes in Alignment and Headlamp Aim Systems, Tire and Wheel Assembly application, Fluid processing applications, End-of-Line processing applications, and Material Handling applications.
Headquartered in Roseville, Michigan, Dominion services clients globally with manufacturing and sales locations in England, China, Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, and India (IRY).
Dominion Technologies was established in 1965 in Detroit, Michigan. Over the last 50 years, Dominion has grown exponentially both in size and experience.
- Ensure the proper day-to-day operation of our applications and equipment at customer locations.
- Perform installations, repairs, upgrades, and other maintenance tasks.
- Ability to thoroughly troubleshoot application & PC issues in the field.
- Handle phone and email support requests and report them to supervisor.
- Maintain hardware inventory.
- Conduct inspections for quality control and assurance programs, reporting findings.
- Effectively documenting services of installations by completing forms, reports, logs and records.
- Participate in after-hours help if and when needed.
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- To meet and exceed our customer’s quality standards: 65% travel to customer site, working weekends and overtime is required based on business needs.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Work Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Patience – Ability to act calmly under stress.
- Relationship Building – Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to meet the customers’ needs while following organization procedures.
- Organized – Follows a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Motivated – Willing to take on more and move into more advanced technologies.
- Must be able to lift/carry 15 to 30lbs.
Experience and Education
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- (3) years’ experience working with computers.
- Experience with MS Windows 7, 8.x and 10 installation and configuration.
- Experience with basic hardware and software installation.
- Basic hardware/software trouble shooting skills.
- Preference given to individuals with Software development knowledge. Preferred languages: Visual Basic, C#, WPF.