Dominion Technologies Group, Inc. offers a large variety of automated equipment designed to meet assembly and process specifications, is looking for an Lathe Hand to join our team.
Dominion Technologies Group, founded in 1965, is a market leader in final line tooling and equipment for the worldwide automotive industry. Dominion has grown from its humble beginnings when 3 German toolmakers, with a vision to bring old world craftsmanship to Detroit, started business in a rented 9,000 square foot machine shop located in Detroit, Michigan.
Today Dominion, headquartered in Roseville Michigan, operates 7 facilities located in the US, Europe and China with over a quarter of a million square feet of manufacturing space.
Set up and operate Manual lathe to perform a series of machining operations such as turning, boring, threading, and facing, on components used for the manufacture of automated equipment
Skills and Qualifications
- Work from blueprints, job orders, tooling instructions, and standard charts for specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, and tooling instructions such as type of holding fixtures, cutting speeds, feed rates, and cutting tools to be used.
- Position and secure tools in tool holders on machines.
- Move controls to set specified rotation speeds, feed rates, and depth of cuts.
- Position and secure work piece in chuck or to faceplate.
- Verify conformance of machined work pieces to specifications.
- Compute such data as dimensions, rotation speeds, feed rates, and machining times.
- Follow quality and safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have proper tools
- Operate Lathe
- 2-5 year of experience
- Light physical demand – continuously lifting or moving very light weight material; or occasionally lifting or moving average weight material.
- Continuous mental and visual attention; usually repetitive work or diversified operations requiring constant alertness or activity.