Dominion Technologies Group, Inc. offers a large variety of automated equipment designed to meet assembly and process specifications, is looking for an Controls Engineer to join our team.
Dominion Technologies Group, founded in 1965, is a market leader in final line tooling and equipment for the worldwide automotive industry. Dominion has grown from its humble beginnings when 3 German toolmakers, with a vision to bring old world craftsmanship to Detroit, started business in a rented 9,000 square foot machine shop located in Detroit, Michigan.
Today Dominion, headquartered in Roseville, Michigan, operates 7 facilities located in the US, Europe and China with over a quarter of a million square feet of manufacturing space.
- Developing and implementing PLC and Control Logixprogramming, VFD, Servos and hardware design (electrical /pneumatic)
- Start-up and debug, commissioning of equipment at customer site
- Direct or coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements
- Building business relationships with customers by analyzing concerns, identify solutions, trouble shooting, and keeping services confidential
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans
- Resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining software design improvements; implementing change
- Prepares equipment by installing and configuring PLC programming logix
- Exceeding programming standards by adhering to; productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements; implementing new technology
- Fosters program specifications by confirming logical sequence and flowcharts; researching and employing established operations
- Verifies program operation by confirming tests
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
- In an effort to meet and exceed quality standards of our customers, working weekends, travel and overtime is required based upon business needs
- Travel Required: 40%
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services
- Design drawings, software design, servos, variable frequency drive
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Effectively communicating in verbal and written format
- The ability to see details at close range
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening
- Must have and maintain a valid Michigan driver’s license, maintain auto insurance and have access to a reliable automobile.
This is a full time position with benefits available.